Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let it be let it be let it be let it be.

This week may be the last time I'll ever see my pirate friend. I've been angry with him for the last few days. I asked him for immense courage in the face of the wound I inflicted. In hindsight, I asked him for the impossible. He said yes anyway. I knew before he did that he was lying. Who doesn't wander there sometimes? Even pirates are flawed human beings. He is who he is. He is where he is. There's nothing I can do. Give him time and give him space. Let it be.
---

I met a Pied Piper. His voice was clear like honey, his music was as red and intoxicating as poppies. His singing made me feel for brief moments the recklessness of falling in love, and how fleeting those freefalls are, where you just lose yourself in the luxury of breathing, where there's no past and no future, only the luscious present. And you realize you've just tasted opium, and you wish you'd loved it more, because a chance to love something worth loving so purely and so deeply doesn't come along very often. And you want more, not just because of what it was, but because you've already forgotten what it was like; all you remember is that you touched something elusive, and maybe that means it was divine.

No comments: